Monday, June 4, 2007

A day's grace

The term is winding up - next week is the end, and being in grad school, I don't really have to worry about finals since professors dislike administering them as much as we dislike taking them.

Yet, there are still some assignments let to complete - wait, let me rephrase that: There are a LOT of assignments let to complete. I haven't been falling behind, so at least I am saved by that, but given that this week I am participating in some language testing training, my homework time will be severely reduced. Thankfully, I screwed up.

See, I thought that my training started today and ran all week, but as it turns out, we start tomorrow, thereby giving me one extra day of full homework to get a headstart on the end of the term. And as much as there are a lot of things to do, it's been a useful semester:

  • I researched and developed a revised teacher observation program for my job
  • I prepared an evaluation plan for our rater training program
  • I jumped back into my proposed dissertation researched and learned better ways to collect and analyze qualitative data
  • I started writing a condensed version of my thesis for submission to an academic journal
  • I submitted two chapter proposals to teacher-in-action book
  • I have completed all of the course work for my doctoral program aside from one course that I hope to take in the summer
So although it's been a hectic spring, it's been good. Kimberly has been supportive and busy with her own projects and job. I think we are both looking forward to taking a break at the end of the summer. Until then, we've got a lot to keep us busy.

No comments: